Truck Drivers Often Drive Too Fast in the Rain
Often, water mixes with oil on the road when it starts raining, making it slippery and dangerous for driving. This is also only one of the many ways in which rainy conditions can make driving risky for truckers. For instance, it impairs safe driving by minimizing a driver’s visibility, reducing traction, and reducing a driver’s ability to stop.
There are many dangers of truck drivers speeding in the rain, and a Beverly Hills truck accident attorney can help protect your rights if you sustain injuries for this reason.
Dangers of Speeding in the Rain
Some of the primary risks of trucks speeding in the rain include:
Reduced Traction – Rain makes even the most stable road conditions slippery. Thus, driving too fast in these conditions means a driver might lose control of their vehicle and cause an accident.
Reduced Visibility – All rainy conditions impair road visibility. Thus, it’s critical to ensure that a vehicle’s windshield wipers are working correctly to help drivers see better and slow down so they can identify obstacles ahead.
Tips for Safe Driving During Rain
Here are practical tips to help you drive safely in the rain alongside commercial trucks:
- Remove all distractions before turning on your vehicle.
- Switch the radio on but with a low volume to remain in touch with weather updates.
- Spend more time accelerating or decelerating.
- Increase your following distance.
- Drive below the recommended speed limit.
- Leave the road and park if the conditions worsen.
- If your vehicle hydroplanes, don’t brake or turn the wheel suddenly.
- Control the steering wheel with both hands for better vehicle control.
- Brake more cautiously.
- Utilize your headlights to see the road better.
Talk With a Beverly Hills Truck Accident Attorney Today
Did you suffer injuries in a truck accident and need legal help fighting for just compensation? Don’t wait to enlist a Beverly Hills truck accident attorney from Jalilvand Law to help you seek financial recovery. Contact us today for a free consultation.