The Dangers of Aggressive Drivers
We have all become impatient behind the wheel – whether we are running late, hit unexpected traffic, or became stuck behind a slow or hesitant driver. While impatience is natural at times, it is important that we not let these emotions lead to dangerous driving. There are drivers out there who let impatience escalate into aggression, which puts everyone else at risk. If you were injured by an aggressive driver, do not hesitate to speak with a car accident lawyer in Beverly Hills about your rights.
Aggressive Driving Behaviors
Aggressive drivers each have their own way of taking their emotions out on others on the road, though all aggressive driving behaviors have one thing in common – they can lead to serious crashes and injuries to others. Some dangerous aggressive driving behaviors can include:
- Excessive speeding, especially in adverse weather or traffic conditions
- Tailgating another vehicle, which often prevents the aggressive driver from being able to stop in time to prevent a collision
- Flashing lights, honking, yelling, gesturing, or otherwise provoking or distracting other drivers
- Passing on the shoulder or cutting off another vehicle
- Weaving in and out of traffic at high speeds
- Running another driver off the road
- Failing to yield or failing to stop at red lights or stop signs
All of the above can cause accidents when other drivers least expect it. If an aggressive driver crashes into you, always call 911, and the police should hopefully issue citations to drivers who have violated the law. This can help with insurance claims you file to seek compensation for your injuries and losses.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Beverly Hills for Assistance
At Jalilvand Law, our Beverly Hills car accident attorneys hold aggressive drivers accountable for the harm they cause. Call 310.478.5800 or contact us online for your free consultation today.