Fatal Car Accidents in California
California leads the nation in the number of car accident-related deaths and injuries, and the latest statistics show that our state had 3,316 fatal crashes that caused 3,606 deaths. These crashes leave families facing grief, financial losses, and more. If you lost a loved one in a fatal crash, you should learn how speaking with a Beverly Hills wrongful death attorney can benefit you.
Leading Causes of Fatal Crashes in California
Many factors cause fatal car accidents in California, including:
- Speeding – High-speed crashes often have a greater chance of causing fatalities.
- Distracted Driving – Distracted driving increases the chances of a serious accident. One moment of a driver looking down at their email on a smartphone can end someone else’s life.
- Tailgating – Some drivers in Beverly Hills get impatient and end up tailgating other drivers, ignoring the apparent dangers the behavior poses to others. Tailgating often leads to rear-end crashes that, when happening at high speeds, can be fatal.
- Defective Vehicle Parts – Defective vehicle parts can cause deadly accidents when they malfunction. For instance, if brakes fail and a driver cannot stop, they might be involved in a deadly accident.
- Running Red Lights – This form of driver negligence can cause fatal T-bone accidents in intersections.
- New Drivers – Inexperienced teenage drivers are more likely to cause serious avoidable car accidents than experienced adults.
- Drunk Driving – Drunk driving kills about 27 people daily in the United States and is one of the most dangerous driving behaviors.
Preventing Fatal Car Accidents in California
Fortunately, California drivers can work to avoid fatal crashes by:
- Observing speed limits.
- Always driving with both hands for better vehicle control during emergencies requiring sudden movements.
- Avoiding drunk driving.
- Optimizing their visibility on the road.
Speak to a Beverly Hills Wrongful Death Attorney Today
If you lost a loved one in a car accident and someone else was at fault, you should speak with a Beverly Hills wrongful death attorney as soon as possible. Contact Jalilvand Law for help.